Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions have been set to establish a minimum set of expectations from our end. We believe that this will benefit not only Harriken, our users, your customers, but also the restaurant community as a whole. Harriken is presently the largest database focusing on Dhaka restaurants. We have profiled each restaurant in the capital and it is our collective duty to help grow this ecosystem.
Harriken reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions set out in this document. These changes shall be communicated to you via email.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you confirm that:
- You are either (fully or partially) an owner, or an authorized representative (either an employee or from a contracted agency) to apply for, and run the restaurant listing(s) you are currently claiming (or have claimed) on Harriken. Harriken Enterprise credentials should be only be managed by individuals authorized to operate such accounts on behalf of those specific listings only. Harriken reserves the right to suspend or cancel the credentials of your account without prior notice.
- You shall keep your listing updated: While our team, till date, has gone the extra mile to keep your information on Harriken as-up-to-date and as updated as possible, we would appreciate it if you took ownership of your account to keep the listings updated. Otherwise, it is not only our collective reputation that takes a hit, but also your customers who suffer. Our platform is growing everyday and we are present across three platforms - Web, Android and iOS. As a result, it should be in your best interests to update your restaurant’s profiles as soon as they take effect. Certain events, such as a relocation to a more appropriate venue, have the maximum impact if they are communicated to the audience beforehand. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any clarification, or if you are experiencing difficulty in navigating the Enterprise console.
- Your information listed is relevant: We urge you to update your contact details, phone numbers, address and map, menus, business hours, and finally on Scoop, which lets you to be a part of our daily feed based on snippets from different restaurants on what is going on out there. Please keep this information relevant to your business. We request you to not use this feature to attack other restaurants, competitors, reviewers, or Harriken, and to not use it to seed keywords or to post special offers or promotions. These shall be removed by Harriken admin as soon as they are observed.
- You are accountable: Harriken will not moderate questionable activities about your restaurant posted in reviews or elsewhere. This could include closing down an establishment before the listed time or unavailability of an item on the menu because it hasn’t been updated. Nor shall Harriken be liable to respond to any other complaints regarding your establishment.
- You shall not solicit reviews: There is no better way to getting good reviews than impressing your customers through your core offering - brilliant food and service. We feel strongly against those who offer compensation, freebies, and other ethically questionable incentives in exchange of reviews. These tend to create a bias on your profile that smart Harrikenators can easily recognize. In that same vein, you should also not solicit negative reviews of a competitor via Harriken in order to gain an unfair edge over them.
- You are subscribing to the Harriken Enterprise newsletter: We do not believe in spamming. You may choose to opt out at any point in time that you please.